Solved

Drag & Drop a file

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I don’t think this is possible currently but I was trying to figure it out how often users would drag and drop a file in a component we have where you can drop an excel file. Since the DOM isn’t getting modified it makes sense FS can’t “see” the event….unless anyone knows a trick.

Any thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by lindsay 2 March 2023, 22:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @DataSeed99! Ooo, great question! 👀

We don’t currently measure drag and drop, but it is a request we’ve heard before and something our teams are aware of! I have also submitted this as a request on your behalf. 

As far as workarounds go, sometimes dragging/dropping can trigger a message in a session that can be turned into a watched element. This message can look like, “upload success”, or a change to the CSS. 

If your focus is more on obtaining the file vs. the act of dragging/dropping, a server side event may be a solution for you. 

Please let me know if you were able to find any changes in your CSS to implement a watched element! If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks @lindsay you just gave me an idea with the watched element as we show a message after the file is dropped announcing the processing of the file, so I should be able to add that and see if that helps. Thanks :)

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @DataSeed99! That’s great news, thank you for the update! 🎉

As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out should you have anymore questions!