News

Event Recap: How to Build Dashboards for Marketing Managers

• 14 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey Community! 😄

Yesterday we held the workshop How to Build Dashboards for Marketing Managers and it was terrific! 

Thank you to our wonderful hosts @Hannah and @sarahsehg, and thank you to those who could make it out! I loved your passion for tacos 🌮 as well as your curiosity for the dashboards and metrics we were using- it prompted some solid conversation and encouraged us to take a closer look into the “how” and “why”. 🔎

A special shoutout goes to our attendees Kevin and Amy who prompted us to take a closer look into the configuration of the dashboards being shown.

Sarah took us through The Marketer’s Dashboard Start Kit which is a guide she created for building dashboards based on answering 3 important questions. 

Sarah’s top tactical tips for building dashboards are:

1. Texts cards are your BFF

2. Naming conventions FTW

3. Don’t stay in your lane

4. Dashboards evolve - rearrange to keep things relevant 

5. One-to-many relationships between segments and dashboards are a time saver!

A list of resources you’ll want to lean on to help with these dashboards are:

For those of you who attended live or watched the recording, we asked you to share a Tip or Trick you learned from our session on our Tips + Tricks page! If you complete this task, you'll be automatically entered into a draw where 10 winners will be selected to receive a FullStory Community travel mugWinners will be announced this Friday! 

Please don’t forget to fill out the post event survey! Your feedback means so much to us because we want to ensure we’re giving you the best experience possible. You can register for our next session on Tuesday, January 17th called How to Build Dashboards for UX Designers here! In the meantime, we recommend signing up for our Metrics & Dashboards Learn Course to get a step-by-step walkthrough online. 

Please click here to watch the recording of the workshop! 🎥 Passcode: !*z7L#me 

Please note: this webinar reveals a sneak preview of a feature in Heatmaps that includes a menu with the option to Name Elements. This feature is not yet available as it is currently still in Alpha, but stay subscribed to our Product Updates page to learn more when it goes GA!

BONUS⭐: If you have follow up questions about the webinar, any lingering curiosities about building Dashboards or utilizing FullStory for marketing, you can ask them in the comments below and our hosts @sarahsehg and @Hannah will be here to give you answers! 

Thank you again, and looking forward to the next event! 

2 replies

Userlevel 1

@lindsay do you happen to have the passcode for this recording, missed this one but really want to watch it

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @PaulieOLithic! Definitely! Passcode: !*z7L#me

I included it in the thread above but there’s a lot of text there so easy to miss! 😉 Let me know if you have any trouble watching!

I hope you enjoy the recording and don’t forget to join us on January 17th for our next event in the series: How to Build Dashboards for UX Designers😎